If you lived, breathed and raced Mountain Bikes back in the Golden Era of the 80's and 90's, you WILL know of Dave Hemming. A genuine legend of his time, his credentials are off the scale and very very enviable. So needless to say, we're stoked that he's racing for 250LONDON at the Malverns Classic this weekend, mainly because he's a big show off!
Let us tell you more about Dave...
A CLASS ACT
Dave's credentials are impressive, here are just a few...
- First British rider to win a UCI world championship medal at the 1st official world championships - Silver 1990
- 1st World Trail championships - Beginners 1990
- 1st Place Norba Nationals Mexico 1990
- Nemba series winner Downhill 1991
- 2nd Trophy Pic Blanc (now known as the Mega Avalanche Cup Alp Du Heuz) 1990
- 2nd Place national Championships 1992
- World Bunny Hop Record 1995 Malverns Classic - 42.5 inches
- World bunny hope record on a tandem with Jason McRoy - 9 inches!
So look out for Dave at the weekend, repping and riding in 250LONDON gear. Despite his elevated legendary status, he's a friendly, approachable guy who loves a selfie by the way, just saying! He had this to say...
Dave's competing in just about every category available to race! Watch him in the following... Dual Slalom, Bunny Hop, Enduro, Legends Downhill, XC. He probably won't even break sweat!!
With countless front covers to boast, here's a few clippings he sent us to share and these are just a drop in the ocean. They'll likely evoke some nostalgia in you, take you back to the good old days when XC was the coolest new sport in town!
Also riding for 250LONDON this weekend is Dave's buddy and Golden Era racer Peter John Lawrie, otherwise known as Cheesy Pete! Check out his grin, it'll make sense...
DON'T MISS OUT!
So if you're heading to the Malverns this weekend, awesome, if you're swithering and need persuading, just bloody get there! You'll have a great time. Click on the Malverns Image below to get your tickets and make sure you drop by the 250 stand, we've got lots of new stuff to show you. See you there!